4.17.2009

Black Coffee And The Wonders Formerly Lost






















So I don't know when but, sometime recently I started drinking my coffee black. It's taken me some place beautiful that I'm not sure I can ever remember feeling before. It causes me to be more poetic in my writing and thinking. I feel I've gotten sloppily simplistic with my lyric writing lately. It's not a good thing. When I drink my coffee black it reminds me of songs I've long forgotten that talk about coffee. One of the main remembrances is a song called Colorblind by the Counting Crows.

For the next 21 days I'll be taking part in a journal process on spiritual disciplines. I'll give constant updates on Twitter and on here as to how it's going. I'll be taking part in a number of disciplines:
meditation, fasting, solitude, and watching. I'll be journaling on each of these four for three times each. I'll give details as far as what I'm doing and the experiences that follow. I know that's not related at all to coffee being black but, I'm sure during some of these times of discipline black coffee and myself will have many fun times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment