3.17.2009

A World Full Of Broken Promises

We have all, at one point in time or another, made a promise and broken it or had a promise made to us only to have it broken. The hurt on the breaking end can be minimal or it can be pretty unbearable... it can be shattering. It can turn worlds upside down and inside out only to leave a person a shadow of who they used to be.

It's a hard thing to live in a world full of broken promises. Maybe you've had promises broken by a parent... Maybe there's a father who never shows up when he says he will or a mom who seems to not care about the little things. I grew up in a home with none of those things. I am very fortunate and grateful and can't imagine what it's like to have those type of promises broken.

It's an awesome thing to know that we can hold on to a God who doesn't break his promises.... that's right he can't break them. Check this verse out in Hebrews 6.

Hebrews 6:18 (NCV) "These two things cannot change: God cannot lie when he makes a promise, and he cannot lie when he makes an oath. These things encourage us who came to God for safety. They give us strength to hold on to the hope we have been given."

It's really encouraging to me to know that despite the type of world we live in I can rest in my Father, God, who never fails to keep his promises. He never fails to show up when he says he will. I can rest, as the Hebrew writer describes, safely in the arms of my Lord and Savior. I can't imagine going through life without his protection and his consistent unconditional love.

Blessings to all. I hope you can find the same rest I have in the arms of my dear Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment