3.16.2009

Spiritual Authority: Do I Have It?

This morning I was asked a question about Spiritual Authority.

Quite frankly it was do I have it? More pointedly do I feel like or live like I have it.

As a pastor biblically I have Spiritual Authority. It comes from Scripture and through Jesus. To be honest, I don't feel like I have this authority for the majority of the time. It's easy to get lost in the politics of the week sometimes and forget to rest in my Father's arms.

The path to authority is earned. It's earned by the deposits I make in my people that I am to shepherd.
If I claim authority in Jesus name I had better know what he would do in that situation.

Responsibility is the backside of the coin for Spiritual authority...

I feel like a lack of respect for spiritual authority stems from something much deeper.
A lack of respect for God and His holiness...

So how do we teach this?
We must model it in our own lives.
We must teach it by how we live.

Am I doing this?
Do I love like I have the authority of Scripture and of Jesus Christ backing me?
If not... why not? How do I fix it?

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking on these same things for a while.

    ReplyDelete