3.05.2009

Compassion Is A Dirty Word

























This act of desperation is wearing me thin in fact
I can't hold on to this anger deep within
It's a movement beneath the weight of the winds
It's congruent with my heart breaking for this

So dig deep
Dig hard
Dig straight through the dirt and down into the heart

I'm feeling compassion brewing within
But will I stand here and watch without loving on him
As he sinks on down through the waves
When I have the capacity to save, his life

So dig deep
Dig hard
Dig straight through the dirt and down into the heart

I'm tired of just throwing money and problems
With the billions we spend none of it will solve them
But If I reach out just for one moment
To break out of this mold I have been holding...

If I dig deep
If I dig hard
If I dig straight through my comforts and do something hard

He can be free
He can have heart
He can be washed off and cleaned up and have a new start

So dig deep
Dig hard
Dig straight through the dirt and down into the heart


No comments:

Post a Comment