3.03.2009

I Think All Electronic Devices Hate Me Today: Galatians 5:13 Says...


So my car had a little bit of trouble making its way out of my apartment complex this morning. It took a bit to warm up (a la the cold). Regardless I made my way out on to 460 East with a really hurried red Tarus behind me who zoomed past me and and around me and slid down the exit ramp almost running off the road due to ice... yeah... wow...

I made it to the office and parked in a visitors spot out front so I could unload a large amount of items in my trunk that needed to come up to the office. I unloaded, I dragged my loot upstairs, I organized my office, talked to Jeremy for a bit, went back downstairs, got in my car to move it and it won't start... that's right. It won't start. I don't understand how if I was just driving it five minutes before it's now not starting...

I pulled out my cellphone to call Brian Claprood (a la recommendation Jeremy Rader) as Brian is pretty much the best in the office for knowing how to do something no one else knows how to do. I called him and talked to him for a bit about my situation and we're going to look at it this afternoon after the battery warms up. I took my TRBC tag out of my window and left my car in a visitors spot. Oh well. After I hung up with Brian my phone went dead. Like white screen of death no response on the keypad, completely dead.

I smacked it on my steering wheel twice and it started back up. The cellphone... not the car... though that would have been great...

So now I'm here in the office drinking my coffee, thinking through design options for a late March calendar and reading in Galatians 5 where the apostle Paul (the apostle formerly known as Saul) writes about the freedom we have in Christ. In verse 13 it reads like this:

13 My brothers and sisters, God called you to be free, but do not use your freedom as an excuse to do what pleases your sinful self. Serve each other with love.14 The whole law is made complete in this one command: "Love your neighbor as you love yourself."15 If you go on hurting each other and tearing each other apart, be careful, or you will completely destroy each other.

Verse 14 is actually a quotation of Leviticus 19:18 but, re
gardless this got me thinking. How often to I use my freedom in Christ as a get away card. Have I done things before... knowing they are wrong and justified it by saying "God will forgive me. He forgive
s all sin." While this statement is true in this context it's sickening. May I never use God's forgiveness as a crutch and cheapen the salvation I am given through the death of Christ Jesus on calvary.

I'm not sure how I went from electronics hating me to Galatians... oh well. Guess it's a picture of what my brain feels like this morning.
Blessings.

I also lost the Samaritan Gun for my Hellboy figure... I know it's geekish but, I'm pretty bummed it got lost on the transition between my home and the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment