2.11.2009

Psalm 143:5-6: Do I Thirst For God Like I Thirst For Coffee?























I'm sort of an addict when it comes to hot drinks. My favorite being coffee. After a recent stint on not drinking coffee I came to realize I can't really go without it. It's not an addiction per say.... it's a deep appreciation for that lovely bean beverage. When I wake up in the morning it's the first thing I want to drink. I love the smell of it. When I'm thirsty the first thing I think about is coffee. 

My question to my self then is this: Do I thirst for God like I thirst for coffee? In Psalm 143:5-6 the psalmist writes about his thirst for God. "I remember what happened long ago; I consider everything you have done. I think about al you have made. I lift my hands to you in prayer. As a dry land needs rain, I thirst for you. Selah". (Ps 143:5-6 NCV) Do I thirst for God like that? Like a dry land that needs rain to sustain life? When I wake up in the morning... is God on my mind as quickly or before coffee? 

Just processing through these truths about God I'm finding in the Psalms and trying to make them real in my own life. Blessings to all of you who follow and read these posts. Leave comments once in a while. I appreciate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment