6.25.2009

Stepping Into The Unknown

Tonight I spoke during our Church Group Devotion time here at MFUGE. The lesson was on God always being there for us and how He promises us that. I used the illustration of keys. I brought one of my Focus Group guys, Trey Briggs, up to do the illustration. I told him. "I Promise You These Keys Will Always Be Here."

I held the keys in front of him and asked him. "Where are the keys?" "In front of me." He answered. "How do you know?" I asked. "Because I can see them right there."

I then blindfolded Trey and asked the same set of question except this time I started to jingle the keys. "Where are the keys?" "In front of me." He answered. "How do you know?" I asked. "Because I can hear them."

I then stopped jingling the keys and became very quiet asking again "Where are the keys?" "In front of me." He answered. "How do you know?" I asked. "Because you promised me they would be."

You know our relationship with God is like that. When we're here at camp surround by other believers it seems that it's easier to see and hear God's direction. When we go home sometimes it's like we're blindfolded and we can sort of hear God's voice but, it's not as easy to see Him. Then there are moments when everything is still and quiet. It's in those moments we're tempted to step away from God's plans for us. To step away from taking the risks He's called us to and jumping into the unknown.

It's in those very moments when we need to remember the most that God is there with us.
How do we know?
He promised us He would be.

I'm really going to miss this group of 8th Graders that are moving up. They were my first set of 6th Graders in PowerSource and I've had them the entire time in small groups. It's bittersweet to see them go. I love these guys. I love what I do. I love that God has called me into this place that He sculpted out for me. It's awesome and I wouldn't trade it for anything unless God called me into another unknown....

I would take the plunge.

No comments:

Post a Comment