10.08.2009

Quirks

Whenever I can't get something out of my mind.
\Something I'm thinking pretty heavily about I end up walking around talking to myself about it.
This can seem and look pretty hilarious. However the most fun is when I get really into it.

I start preaching about it. I mean like old school fire and brimstone preaching about it.
I'm not sure where this comes from.

Today I can't get my Grandfather's funeral out of my mind. I'm trying to figure out when and where it is this weekend and it's frustrating that I can't get the answers I'm looking for. So this morning in the shower I started preaching. I was talking to imaginary people about how the Bible condemns laziness and gluttony (not sure how gluttony got in there) and that they needed to give me the times for the funeral.

That transferred to me actually preaching his funeral in my mind. I began to share all these stories and memories about my life and time with my grandfather. (At this point my cats began to give me strange looks.)

The earliest I can trace this habit back (to where I remember myself doing it) was once in 4th or 5th grade when I was listening to Carman's Cassette Tape "American Standard" where he preach/sings through "We Need God In America Again". I was listening to the cassette and pretending I was Carman preaching at the mirror. My dad came in without me noticing and scared the crap out of me.

Some of you are now doing one of a few things
+ You can't believe that I had a Carman Cassette Tape
+ You don't know who Carman is or what a Cassette Tape is.
+ You're still thinking about my cats making faces.

Regardless. What are your hang ups?
Those little quirky things that just kick in and you're not quite sure where they come from.
Well?

No comments:

Post a Comment