10.13.2009

A New Dawn Breaks...

I've been wondering for a long time if I'm on the right track. There are sometimes I wake up in the morning and I feel a sense of longing for something more than myself. I am blessed beyond measure with a wife and a home that I love and that love me. I'm not complaining about that. All I'm saying is that surely there must be something that God has not yet shown me. I feel like I'm right on the brink of Him moving me someplace. I feel like He's about to shift things around and rearrange my furniture. I'm just not sure how or when or where. Maybe it's nothing. But I sense a new day dawning. Some time ago I wrote a poem for an album I recorded with a friend under the name Opposite Day.

The sunrise peaks the horizon
Sparkling the light dances across the iris
The world is young but my soul grows weak
I turn to You if for nothing else than knowing I am safe
Hear in Your arms that I'm ok
The dew drips from the cloroformed leaves and spring to life
The clouds rip apart
The day, the life begins here.
As a new dawn breaks.

I feel like that's where I am. At the brink of a new day.
Excited and completely unsure of what is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment